American Kennel Club Parent Club
The Irish Red and White Setter Association of America, Inc. is the national or "parent" club for the Irish Red and White Setter in the United States of America.
Founded in 1997 by a group of concerned breeders/enthusiasts whose goals were to educate the public on the Irish Red and White Setter and to encourage and promote quality breeding of the pure-bred Irish Red and White Setter.
The objectives of this club shall be:
- to educate the public on the value of the Irish Red and White Setter
- to encourage and promote quality in the breeding of pure-bred Irish Red and White Setters and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- to encourage the organization of independent local Irish Red and White Setter Speciality clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of the American Kennel Club
- to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the Irish Red and White Setter Association of America and the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Irish Red and White Setters shall be judged.
- to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, field trails, hunt tests, obedience trails and other events
- to conduct sanctioned matches and speciality shows, field trails, hunt tests and other events under the Rules and Regulations of the American Kennel Club.
From: Susan Zucker
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 4:16 PM
Cc: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; Lisa Cecin ; Mari-Beth O'Neill
Subject: RE: Irish Red & White Setter Association of America
Hi Mr. Lamp,
It was recently brought to our attention by Ms. Pellerito that regrettably, in our review of the club’s bylaws,
we offered conflicting information regarding members voting on the AKC Delegate. In my commentary with respect
to Article IV in the bylaws, while references to the AKC Delegate must remain in the bylaws for member clubs,
my suggestion to include such references in Sections 2, 3(a), 4(f) and 4(i) were made in error and should be
removed. As indicated in Article III, Section 4 of the bylaws, the AKC Delegate for the Irish Red & White Setter
Association will be an appointed position made by the Board of Directors.
We regret any confusion this may have caused your club members. Please be advised that we will consider this a housekeeping change, and an additional vote of your club’s membership will not be required provided, this
information becomes immediately available to the entire membership on your club’s website. If email is available
to all club members, an email blast notice should also be sent in addition to posting it on the website.
We offer our sincerest apologies to you Mr. Lamp, Ms. Lozier, Ms. Pellerito and club members for this
Additionally, thank you, Ms. Pellerito, for bringing this to our attention.
Member & License Club Coordinator