2018 IRWSAA NATIONAL SPECIALTY HEADED BACK TO MICHIGAN
Ten years after the first AKC recognized IRWSAA National Specialty was held in Metamora, MI at Hunter’s Creek, we will return to Michigan. The show will be held on July 6, 2018, in Monroe, MI, concurrently with the Michigan Sporting Dog Association’s Maize & Blue Combined Specialties. Our Judge will be Sharon Lyons. On Saturday and Sunday, the 7th and 8th, there will be supported entries for the Ann Arbor Kennel Club shows. Thus, there will be four opportunities to show in three days. Obedience and Rally trials will be held by the Ann Arbor Kennel Club all three days. One of the days, yet to be determined, we will support the entry by providing IRWSAA Qualifying Ribbons and High in Trial IRWS awards.
Plans are rapidly being made and more information will be coming in the future via Facebook, the IRWSAA Website, and emails to the membership.
Tentative plans call for a Judge’s Education Seminar at 8:30AM on the 6th, followed by the Specialty after 10:00AM and the MSDA classes for IRWS in the PM. Our Award Banquet and Annual Meeting will be that same evening on the Show Grounds. Exact times will be determined after entries are in for both the IRWSAA Specialty and the MSDA Specialties.
Plans are being made for hotel rooms and camping sites and will be finalized in the near future. We will get that information to you as soon as the details are finalized.
Come join us in the Great Lakes State.
2018 IRWSAA National Specialty Chairman
*Subject to change until finalized*
American Kennel Club Parent Club
The Irish Red and White Setter Association of America, Inc. is the national or "parent" club for the Irish Red and White Setter in the United States of America.
Founded in 1997 by a group of concerned breeders/enthusiasts whose goals were to educate the public on the Irish Red and White Setter and to encourage and promote quality breeding of the pure-bred Irish Red and White Setter.
The objectives of this club shall be:
- to educate the public on the value of the Irish Red and White Setter
- to encourage and promote quality in the breeding of pure-bred Irish Red and White Setters and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection.
- to encourage the organization of independent local Irish Red and White Setter Speciality clubs in those localities where there are sufficient fanciers of the breed to meet the requirements of the American Kennel Club
- to urge members and breeders to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the Irish Red and White Setter Association of America and the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Irish Red and White Setters shall be judged.
- to do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed and to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, field trails, hunt tests, obedience trails and other events
- to conduct sanctioned matches and speciality shows, field trails, hunt tests and other events under the Rules and Regulations of the American Kennel Club.